A LOVING GOD

One's Christianity is depends on how GOD has revealed HIMSELF to us. For example, some people knows GOD as a provider because GOD provided for them during the time they needed provision. To some GOD is a healer, savior, protector and many others. Please don't get me wrong, GOD is all of that. As I said earlier it depends on how HE has revealed himself to us. And more often than so, GOD reveals himself during the time that we needed HIM and called on HIM. If you are already a Christian you will know what I mean. But for those who are still lost, please see 2 Chronicles 7:14.

"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (NIV)

Let's admit, we turn to HIM when we have nothing or no one else to turn to. We surrender everything we are to HIM just because of our desperation. Simply because we have nothing else but HIM.

This is exactly what happened to me during the time of my desperation that I turned to HIM. I will shamelessly say that I turned to HIM because I'm exhausted of everything I got. All praises to HIM that he never let me down. That time HE revealed to HIMSELF to me as a LOVING GOD.

I can say this because after that moment that I surrendered everything to HIM, every preaching, every podcast, every song, every Christian movie, every article I read or hear leads to this fact. The fact that HE is a loving FATHER that will never leave us nor forsake us no matter what we have done, doing and will do.

 I realized that time that HIS love is the kind of love that no one on earth or our imagination can ever comprehend. Even some people who know how much HE loves us can even get near on how he love us. Please read 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 know what love is.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 

If you believe that you yourself can fulfill all the words in those verses then please let us know so we can hang you in the cross. (LOL!)

No one can fulfill those description of love except GOD. Let us look back on how we have lived our lives throughout the years up to now. All the times we were impatient, unkind, envious, boastful, proud, self-seeking, easily angered, kept records of others wrongs against us, enjoy seeing rivals getting in trouble, lied, ignored people who needs help, mistrust people, lost hope, did not persevere or failed someone. Even the tiniest thought we have of these nature still counts.

This realization has shaken the way I look at my self. Specially now that I realized that GOD has loved me despite of the things I failed to do compared the way it was described in the previous verse. One proof of this is we are still alive, we still have something to eat, we still have air to breathe.

Let's take for example, I brought a box of donuts to the office and gave everyone a piece except the person I hated or annoyed me. Imagine if GOD did the same to us, giving everyone else oxygen except us because we failed to allot time to know HIM by reading the Bible. 

Please remember that our GOD is a jealous GOD.

Exodus 34:14
(for you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God),

But despite our trespasses HE still loves us. Thus we still live. And more than that, He provides us of what we need and keeps us safe on a daily basis. Regardless if we offended HIM or pleased HIM. That is how LOVING GOD is.

Let's pray...

Father all praises and glory to you! 
Thank you for being a loving father to us
Thank you that you love us unconditionally
Thank you that you are A LOVING GOD
Please help us remind ourselves everyday
That you love us and that there is nothing to worry about
You will never ever leave us nor forsake us
Yesterday, today and forever
In Jesus' name... Amen

Please tell us what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment